Monday, March 10, 2008

A day at the zoo for two


So Rory and I spend a lot of time together by ourselves, but I relized today that rarely do we go to the zoo, omsi, children's museum or other event places alone- we almost always have family, friends, playdates with us. So today it was 11am- She was fed, napped, and dressed and the weather was nice, but not too sunny, so I decided to run up to the zoo for a bit. I figured I could kill 2 birds with one stone because I had wanted to work out today and if you do the zoo right, you can get in a great speed walk! I hadn't realized how long it had been since we had done an outdoor outing- talk about spring fever! It was a totally different experience going with almost 1 year old Rory instead of 7 mos. old Rory. She LOVED it- she was totally into watching all the animals and kept trying to share her snack with them. I took a ton of pictures b/c I just kept trying to capture the look of wonderment on her face. My personal fav. was the larakeet landing- she kept doing the "come here" sign to the birds, followed by the "please" sign- I think she thought if she asked nicely they would let her pet them. She did get to get pretty up close and personal once we bought the nector to feed them. She also loved the sea lions, the polar bear(although she kept doing the sign for dog- so she might be a bit confused), and of course the monkeys. I need to figure out how to do a slideshow of pictures because I have a lot of them. My friend Seth's blog does all slideshoes and it makes it easier to see more pics.- I will work on that. Other then zoo trips, we are staying busy with all the march b-days. Madi's was todays. Owens this week- Rory's next week, Pat's the week after, and smattering of friends in their as well- my one goal for our next child is no March bday- it is just too full! Enjoy, Britt

1 comment:

Shahnaz said...

What a great outing!! The first picture of Rory at the glass is gorgeous! And I love the picture of the two of you in Lorakeet Landing.