Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cape Cod and AJ's wedding

2 weekends ago I ventured with Lucy, Madi and my mom to Cape Cod to celebrate AJ's wedding. It was a whirlwind 4 days. Flying cross counry with a 5 month old is an adventure and I was so thankful to have madi and mom along. Lucy was a champion traveler, possibly better then any of the adults. I think at one point I realized that she had been strapped to my body via the ergo for approx 12 hours straight. I was the matron (that sounds soooo old!) of honor so had lots of things to do while there and my mom and madi took the lead on Lucy care. In the 2 days we were there that we weren't traveling we fit in a bridal shower, a rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, and the wedding. Basically it was a blur of great food, outfit changes, meeting new people, and enjoying time with AJ and seeing her hometown. Scott (her groom) is so great and they seem wonderful together. We got to eat lobster at the rehearsal dinner (thanks AJ and Scott!!) and triple crown champion chowder at Mr Parkers (a local recomended this and it was awesome!) and enjoyed a brief pitstop at the beach on our way off the cape. very Jaws. The wedding itself was beautiful and so much was hand done by AJ- it was truly amazing. She made our flowers (knitted), sewed her own dress, baked and decorated the cake, made all the favors and programs and it was all perfect! Thanks to mom and Madi for coming with me and making the whole thing doable and thanks to AJ and Scott for letting me be a part of such a special day.

No comments: