Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas part 3

I know, I know, I am seriously behind on the blogging. I didn't forget about our third and final Christmas celebration, I just haven't been able to find time to get on the computer sans rory. Anyway, it was a really fun day spent at Grandma Dawni's house with Brady, Shahnaz, the boys, Lourdes and Jo, Ginnie, and Jimmy. Pat unfortunately caught the bug that was ripping through the family at that point and went home sick. It was a little dicey getting everybody and presents into the house since my mom's street was still covered in snow/ice, but once inside it was toasty warm and lots of fun. Rory was also under the weather at this point so pictures of her are pretty pathetic. We spent the day opening gifts, playing with gifts (the cash register we got for Owen and Q was a hit- except Owen was charging $17 for a latte!) and eating, eating, eating. We were in charge of cooking the meat and by we I mean Pat. So when he went home sick I was up to bat. I think I did pretty good for my first time cooking that much meat ( I am usually a grill kind of girl)- and we as usual had soooo much yummy food. Rory and I had Jimmy give us a ride home in his huge truck only to return to my mom's the next morning for pancakes and some Wii. Owen was really good at Wii bowling. It was a great celebration and an official end to the crazy weather. I spent my childhood having Christmas's at my grandma's house, so I am so thankful that Rory gets to continue with that tradition.

1 comment:

Shahnaz said...

I love that picture of Quincy with the bow on his head. The look on his face is classic Q--he makes that face all the time!