Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Questionable fashion sense...

So we have hit the point in Rory's life where she is starting to have opinions on what she wears. She has been obsessed with shoes and accessories for a long time- but now she is starting to pull things out of her closet and demand to wear them. She is also starting to try to put on her own clothes which is pretty funny to watch. I just wanted to post pics from the past few weeks showcasing some of my favorites. The first is her new set of fairy wings. these were at the dollar store and since they were orange I figured we could put them to good use. The best part is she won't wear them on her back- she wants them on her front so she can see them and then runs around the room doing her best superman/airplane impersonation. My next favorite is this outfit that I dug out of stuff that my mom had saved. It is circa 1979 and even though it is a 2T- it barely fit over Rory's tummy and the skirt looked a little too Brittney Spears for my liking. I thought she would hate it b/c it is all scratchy, but she insisted on keeping it on, twirling in the skirt and reading books in it for almost an hour. It was so cute. And last but certainly not least is from today. My dad and Linda sent via Madi this leotard/tutu number. The minute Rory saw it- she was in love. She just kept saying "pretty" and pointing to the shiny parts. So as soon as she got up from her nap today she asked to put it on. I thought she would just play around in it- but I swear within 5 minutes of putting it on- she went to her shoe cupboard and added the boots- I could not stop laughing long enough to get my camera. She then proceeded to go about her business, read books, climb on chairs, etc. all in this ridiculous outfit. I swear Jim Carey wore this in Ace Ventura. My favorite part is how it flips up in the back- too funny. I am not sure what this says about her fashion sense. Some days she is totally my little alternative artsy kid, and some days she is straight princess, and some days as her aunt madi's friend noticed, she just looks like a drug addict. She has never seen an accessory she didn't like. Anyway, I am trying to get caught up on posts- but these pics were too funny so I wanted to get them up. Thanks to dad and linda for the outfit, hope your trip is going well. thanks to mom for saving my clothes for 30 yrs. it was worth it!

1 comment:

Shahnaz said...

This is awesome! I love the outfits! This series of pictures makes her look like a real-life dress-up doll. You know how they have different ensembles for dolls? I'm not sure what they would call the princess with rocker boots Rory Doll. So cute!! Brady walked in when I was reading this post, looked over my shoulder at the pics of Rory in your old outfit and said, "Is that what Rory's going to be for Halloween?"